Saturday, December 3, 2011

Family Lessons for the Future

This week the classes were once again informative but on Friday I realized that I spent a lot of class just passively listening to Brother Williams. He was sharing so many insights and writing things on the board and I just watched. The various suggestions offered by the videos we watch on how to deal with teens was the topic. I was just going through the motions when I glanced over at a sister in our class, who has children and noticed that she was taking a few notes of what Brother Williams was saying. The thought came to my mind that I need to take more careful notes of the things being taught, because I will probably want to remember a lot of these strategies when I have my own teenagers. Seeing a mother take notes reminded me that even though I don't have a family now, I need to prepare so that when I am trying to guide my kids that I can have some ideas of how to guide me. Just a small reminder to myself, don't take the lessons being taught for granted. There will be a time in the future, a lot sooner then I believe, when I will need the guidance of these parenting principles that already experienced parents are teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment